My Scottsdale Dentist offers porcelain laminate veneers as one of our cosmetic dentistry services. This method of aesthetic enhancement has the capacity to completely transform your smile into one that you will be proud of for years to come.
What are Porcelain Veneers?
Porcelain veneers originated in the early part of the 20th century, but real advances were not made until the 1980’s and 90’s. Originally, simple pieces of porcelain were adhered to the teeth using denture glue, but today, veneers have evolved into an art form. At My Scottsdale Dentist in Scottsdale, AZ, our goal is to create realistic-looking teeth that will make your smile look fabulous. The porcelain material used to make these veneers is extraordinarily strong and once Dr. Poulos bonds the veneers to your teeth and a new smile is born.
What are the benefits of Porcelain Veneers?
Porcelain Laminate Veneers have numerous advantages over other cosmetic techniques:
- The natural tooth structure is preserved and the surrounding soft tissue remains untouched.
- Individual teeth of dissimilar color and contour can be perfectly matched.
- Permanent stains, such as those caused by antibiotics administered during childhood or excessive smoking, can be completely masked.
- Natural teeth weakened by root canal treatment and old fillings can be strengthened by this process.
- Fractured and trauma-damaged teeth can be restored without the invasive tooth reduction that is necessary for full crown coverage.
- Misaligned teeth can be corrected to produce a more perfect smile.
- Local anesthetics are often not required for this procedure.
Who is a candidate?
A wide spectrum of patients can qualify for veneers, however, in some circumstances, veneers might not be the appropriate approach for restoring a smile. If you are missing teeth, need major orthodontic work, or have weak teeth, it may be necessary to have additional or alternative work done by My Scottsdale Dentist prior to incorporating veneers into your dental program. With the advancements of implants, orthodontic treatment, and therapies such as root canals and more, the majority of patients can be viable candidates to have porcelain laminate veneers placed.
To find out if you are a good candidate, schedule a consultation with Dr. Poulos at +1(480) 614-1122